Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com> on 2001/07/26 18:32:16 UTC

xalan d7 build bug? was - Re: help - java - Basic DOM parse

I failed to mention I am using Xalan (D7).  In the documentation (that says
D6 at the top) it states:
---------------------
The Java API for XML Processing interfaces enable you to isolate your
application from the internal implementation details of a given Transformer,
SAX parser, or DOM parser. For each of these objects, there is an abstract
Factory class with a static newInstance() method that instantiates a
concrete Factory which wraps the underlying implementation. These
newInstance() methods use system property settings to determine which
implementation to instantiate.
Xalan-Java is distributed with system property settings for the Xalan XSLT
Transformer and the Xerces DOM and SAX parsers. These settings are in
xalan.jar in META-INF/services (see src/META-INF/services).
System property Setting
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

But when I look in the xalan.jar there is only: