Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kirsten S <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/07 12:35:57 UTC

Building AOO for Windows 10

Hello together,

I am new to this list and new to the AOO-Project. I've been trying to build
AOO and to get the source code since yesterday. I followed the step by step
guide in this link: https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/
Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

Everything went fine until i wanted to check out the source code from the
svn-repository. It seems that the directory aoo-trunk doesn't exist
anymore. At least this is what cygwin keeps on telling me.

I tried to execute the command line: svn co https://svn.apache.org./repos/
asf/openoffice/trunk aoo-trunk and then cd aoo-trunk --> Here i get the
message  No such file or directory.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Dany

Re: Building AOO for Windows 10

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Dany,

Are you behind a corporate firewall?

If you use the address in your web browser do you see the directory
listings?

Does the svn process work if you replace https with http?

Thanks,
Carl

Posted by Kirsten S <da...@gmail.com>.
Hello Together,

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
The instructions need clarifying - I'll look into it later.

The final argument "aoo-trunk" is the destination folder for the
checkout. If you want to checkout into a folder called "aoo-trunk" do a
"mkdir aoo-trunk" first. If you want a different destination, replace
"aoo-trunk" with the folder name.