Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by sunrays9 <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/14 09:50:42 UTC

Problem with Velocity 1.5 jar

Hi,

I got the following error, after updating the velocity 1.4 to 1.5 in my
application.
"org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.ParseException: Encountered "<EOF>" "

Then i searched in google regarding this error, i got a the following info.
First thing, it is the problem with the multiline comments in template.
To resolve this issue, some one post the following method in that link
-- start
Apply this patch to file
src\java\org\apache\velocity\runtime\parser\node\NodeUtils.java :
    public static String tokenLiteral( Token t )
    {
      String result;
      // Issue: VELOCITY-580
      // Marnix 2008-02-20: Look at kind of token and return "" when it's a
multiline comment
      if (t.kind == ParserConstants.MULTI_LINE_COMMENT) {
        result = "";
      } else {
        result = specialText( t ) + t.image;
      }
      return result;
    }
--end

After i placed this method in NodeUtils.java and updated the velocity-1.5
jar.
Then i started testing again.
Now i am not getting any error.

My question is:  is there any problem or side effects by updating the
velocity-1.5 jar at present or in future? or do we have any better solution
for this problem than the above solution?

Thanks,
Pawan

Re: Problem with Velocity 1.5 jar

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
So far this is the only solution that's been developed for this
problem.  We hope to find a more robust solution before releasing
Velocity 1.6 though.