Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sharmila R <sh...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/07 21:35:20 UTC

Problem with Unix script to start remote Tomcat

I have Tomcat installed on a Unix box and I need to start it remotely
from another Unix box.

Tomcat is started using a script. When this script is run locally
everything is fine. When I run the same script from remote box, tomcat
starts but the command running the script does not terminate.

I need it to terminate and return the result. Please help.

Re: Problem with Unix script to start remote Tomcat

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
called 'No Hangup' wbbrev is nohup
http://www.ss64.com/bash/nohup.html

cwd $TOMCAT_HOME\bin