Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by sailaja balaraju <sa...@wipro.com> on 2009/09/23 15:16:57 UTC

Lucene 2.4.1 query

Hi.
I am newbie to lucene.

I have a query to search for a salespersonid and whose contactfirstname is
firstname* and whose whose contactlast name is lastname*
so firstname can be chr* and lastname can be chr* --> so the below query is
retrieving me results chris christopher
QueryParser parser = new QueryParser(SALES_PEOPLE, new StandardAnalyzer());
query = parser.parse(salesPersonID + " AND CONTACT_FIRST_NAME:" + firstname+
"*"+" AND CONTACT_LAST_NAME:" + lastname+ "*" );

now i need to modify the query to fetch results like below
firstname  can be and* or chri* or emi*
lastname can be and* or chri* or emi*

Please help me how to modify the query to achieve the above results .
basically how to include both and and or conditions in my query

Re: Lucene 2.4.1 query

Posted by Luis Alves <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi sailaja,

Please post your question to java-user mailing list.
This is not the correct mailing list.