Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com> on 2006/03/24 08:18:24 UTC

Re: help me about config Tcl & apache

Jaime Toledo Peña wrote:
> you look at,  achieve making to work the apache server with module rivet
> "mod_rivet.so" ,apparently you didn't have tcl version incorrect, so
> download tcl version 8.5 for windows , but not execute the files .tcl or
> rvt.
> the error that appear ,when intent execute file .rvt or .tcl is follow:

> *[Thu Mar 23 13:02:10 2006] [error] init.tcl must be installed correctly
> for Apache Rivet to function: can't find package RivetTcl 1.1

Hrm... I'm not really knowledgeable about what might have gone wrong on
windows (I'm more of a Linux guy)...  Exactly which Rivet package did
you use?

--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
- http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: help me about config Tcl & apache

Posted by Arnulf Wiedemann <ar...@wiedemann-pri.de>.
Am Freitag 24 März 2006 08:18 schrieb David N. Welton:
> Jaime Toledo Peña wrote:
> > you look at,  achieve making to work the apache server with module rivet
> > "mod_rivet.so" ,apparently you didn't have tcl version incorrect, so
> > download tcl version 8.5 for windows , but not execute the files .tcl or
> > rvt.
> > the error that appear ,when intent execute file .rvt or .tcl is follow:
> >
> > *[Thu Mar 23 13:02:10 2006] [error] init.tcl must be installed correctly
> > for Apache Rivet to function: can't find package RivetTcl 1.1
I think I had a similar problem some time ago on windows. The solution was to
install the rivet package in the lib directory of the tcl installation (I am
using ActiveTcl).
Arnulf

Posted by Jaime Toledo Peña <jt...@grupodamiano.com.mx>.
the package of rivet i'm used is rivet70.exe , it's in the page in
http://www.apache.org/dist/tcl/rivet/binary/

before ,I marked me error when wanted run apache server.
now ready run apache server, but when I want execute .tcl .rvt file
I don't show nothing apache, I go errors files found it's:

*[Thu Mar 23 13:02:10 2006] [error] init.tcl must be installed correctly
for Apache Rivet to function: can't find package RivetTcl 1.1

ahh, one question more the package of rivet for apache  in Linux ,they
are had to compile  for make mod_rivet.so?
or  already  maked  mod_rivet.so  in order to configure it only?

thank you...