Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by David Ortiz <dp...@outlook.com> on 2013/10/08 15:21:18 UTC

Adding a XenServer cluster with existing VMs

Hello,
      If I have a XenServer cluster with VMs that already exist and I add it to Cloudstack, what happens?  I saw in the documentation that it should not have VMs running, but does this mean they should not exist or they should be stopped?  If the former, will the Cloudstack addition fail, will the VMs be deleted, or will they exist in a seedy shadow vm world where xenserver manages them but cloudstack does not?
Thanks,      Dave

Re: Adding a XenServer cluster with existing VMs

Posted by France <ma...@isg.si>.
You should add only fresh install XenServers to CS.
Any other would mean that CS would not be aware of them and it would
calculate resources wrong and bunch of other things would not work as
expected. I would suggest backing them up, doing a fresh install and
then import them via CS GUI using .vhd import.