Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Wee Keat [VisualDensity]" <we...@visualdensity.com> on 2002/12/31 18:09:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Can Apache be installed on Windows XP along with IIS?

Hi all....

I'm absolutely new to Apache. I read the documentation on installation but I can't seem to find anything on whether it is okay to install Apache when I already have IIS on my Windows?

I have PHP 4.2.3 with IIS...

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

Yours,

Wee Keat Chin

"If you cannot win, make the one ahead of you break the record."

Re: [users@httpd] Can Apache be installed on Windows XP along with IIS?

Posted by "Wee Keat [VisualDensity]" <we...@visualdensity.com>.
Thank you very much!!

Posted by Jurgen <ap...@squarehosting.com>.
Hi,

the only thing you can't do, is to keep both of them running on the same port. Only one of the servers can accept connections at port 80. So if you have both of them running, you have to make them listen to different ports.

Jurgen