Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Deeraj <de...@tataelxsi.co.in> on 2015/04/23 07:13:23 UTC

Thrift cross compiling for ARM

Hi,

I have configured and installed thrift package in my Linux machine. Now
am trying to cross compile thrift for ARM.

The steps I followed are :

 1. Untar the thrift package
 2. Configure using|./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabi --without-java
    --without-python --with-c_glib --with-cpp|
    But when I am doing this, I get the following error

    |checking for boostlib >= 1.54.0... yes
    checking for libevent >= 1.0... configure: error: in '/home/deeraj/arm_thrift':
    configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
    See 'config.log' for more details

To over come this, I replaced|AC_RUN_IFELSE|with|AC_LINK_IFELSE|in the
files|aclocal/ax_lib_event.m4|and|aclocal/ax_lib_zlib.m4|. After this, I
ran the|autoconf|

When I ran the|./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabi --without-java
--without-python --with-c_glib --with-cpp|again, I got the following error :

|checking for setsockopt in -lsocket... no
checking for BN_init in -lcrypto... no
configure: error: "Error: libcrypto required."

I have already installed|libssl-dev| using the command |sudo apt-get
install libssl-dev|, but its not removing the error.

How can we solve this issue and cross compile and install thrift for ARM?

The same question is asked in Stack Overflow
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29789068/thrift-cross-compiling-for-arm?noredirect=1#comment47711827_29789068

Thanks & Regards,
Deeraj Soman

Re: Thrift cross compiling for ARM

Posted by Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch>.
please use CMake on arm, this works better

see
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=thrift.git;a=blob;f=build/cmake/README.md;hb=HEAD

mkdir cmake-build && cd cmake-build
cmake -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=arm-linux-gnueabi-g++ ..

should work.
;-r