Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by "David H. Cook" <dc...@smartlynx.com> on 2000/12/01 02:10:25 UTC

Re: Non-validating parse causes presence of the DTD to be checked?

Thanks, Luke Blanshard and Jim Shane, for
the quick response and lucid explanations.

I guess we'll have to change our server to NOT include the
DTD reference in its XML stream.  (No doubt our older C++
clients are using XML-parsers that can deal with the
embedded DTD reference when doing their non-validating
parsing.)  I'm the developer charged with writing our
first Java-based client, and with your help, I now have
the facts I needed to resolve this issue in our code.

Thanks again and regards...

				Dave

Re: Non-validating parse causes presence of the DTD to be checked?

Posted by Eric Ye <er...@locus.apache.org>.
There is another workaround suggested by Andy Clark a while ago, if all your
DTDs are referenced as external files:

implementing your own EntityResolver, whenever the resolver sees a external
DTD system id, replace it with some local copy of empty DTD file.

_____

Eric Ye * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * ericye@locus.apache.org