Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Chatra Nakkawita <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/09 12:52:44 UTC

Adding tracking code to track ws.apache.org downloads

Hi,

I have already added the tracking code and JavaScript call to track the
axis2 1.2 downloads. Please note that we have an issue with Maven1.x. It is
described in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2790.

This issue has not been resolved, therefore I have manually corrected the
erroneous characters that have been added in the JavaScript calls of the
maven site generated doc that have been committed to the Axis2 site SVN.

In other words I have executed the following steps:
1. Committed the tracking code and JavaScript call on the
downloads.htmlpage of Axis2 v1. 2
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/xdocs/download/1_2/download.html
)
2. Build maven site using Maven1.x to generate target/docs that contain html
files that will be used for the Axis2 site
3. Copied maven site generated download.html of 1.2, corrected the erroneous
JavaScript call characters and committed file to Axis2 site svn
4. Updated site

The problem with this is that, if this download.html file in Axis2 site SVN
is replaced, then it will contain an erroneous JavaScript call, as I have
manually corrected it in the previously committed file.

With regard to other ws-* projects, a tracking code and JavaScript calls
needs to be added to the downloads page as instructed here:
Tracking code-http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?answer=26908

JavaScript call-
http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?answer=27242&topic=7292

The following Website profiles have been created on the ws.apache.org Google
Analytics account and their tracking codes are as follows:

Apache Neethi - ws.apache.org/commons/neethi/

Tracking code:

<script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"
<http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js> type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
_uacct = "UA-1954378-4";
urchinTracker();
</script>

Apache Sandesha2/Java - http://ws.apache.org/sandesha/sandesha2/

Tracking code:

<script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"
<http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js> type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
_uacct = "UA-1954378-5";
urchinTracker();
</script>

Apache Sandesha2/C-http://ws.apache.org/sandesha/sandesha2/c/<http://ws.apache.org/sandesha/sandesha2/c/*>

Tracking code:

<script src= "http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"<http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js>type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
_uacct = "UA-1954378-6";
urchinTracker();
</script>

Apache Synapse/Java
-http://ws.apache.org/synapse/<http://ws.apache.org/synapse/*>

Tracking code:
<script src= "http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"<http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js>type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
_uacct = "UA-1954378-7";
urchinTracker();
</script>

Apache WSS4J-http://ws.apache.org/wss4j <http://ws.apache.org/wss4j/*>
<script src= "http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"
<http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js> type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
_uacct = "UA-1954378-8";
urchinTracker();
</script>

Apache AXIOM/Java-
http://ws.apache.org/commons/axiom/<http://ws.apache.org/commons/axiom/*>
<script src= "http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"<http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js>type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
_uacct = "UA-1954378-9";
urchinTracker();
</script>

Note that using Google Analytics a statistics report can be scheduled to be
sent weekly/monthly to mailing list(s).

Project leads are encouraged to track downloads etc using Google Analytics.
If a website profile has not been created for your project (as listed
above), then the first thing to do is to create one. PMC members have access
to the ws.apache.org Google Analytics account, through which you can create
the web site profile and hence obtain the tracking code.

Use a single web site profile for the entire site so you can use the same
tracking code throughout all your site pages. This means it can be easily
added to your site template.

Thanks & regards,
Chatra

Re: Adding tracking code to track ws.apache.org downloads

Posted by Chatra Nakkawita <ch...@gmail.com>.
More Google tracking codes (for other ws-* projects):

Website URL: http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/

<script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"
<http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js>
type="text/javascript">