Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by toni pérez <pl...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/03 17:10:51 UTC

[users@httpd] uri and location directive

Hi list,

I have got an apache auth_module write in c to apply own requires in
an own authorization handler, such this:

<Location "/apw5/rme">
allow from all
AuthType CA2
require ACL
Grupo 'RME_usuaris'
</Location>

<Location  "/apw5/">
allow from all
AuthType CA2
require USUARIO-VALIDO
</Location>

When the server receives the url http://myserver/apw5/rme,  is the
second directive "/apw5" instead "/apw5/rme" that do match.

Why do this?

I need a solution that isn't change the order of directives

thanks,

Re: [users@httpd] uri and location directive

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 4/3/06, toni pérez <pl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have got an apache auth_module write in c to apply own requires in
> an own authorization handler, such this:
>
> <Location "/apw5/rme">
> allow from all
> AuthType CA2
> require ACL
> Grupo 'RME_usuaris'
> </Location>
>
> <Location  "/apw5/">
> allow from all
> AuthType CA2
> require USUARIO-VALIDO
> </Location>
>
> When the server receives the url http://myserver/apw5/rme,  is the
> second directive "/apw5" instead "/apw5/rme" that do match.
>
> Why do this?
>
> I need a solution that isn't change the order of directives

The ordering of configuration merging is defined here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/sections.html#mergin

If /apw5 is really a directory in the filesystem, you can fix this by
using the appropriate <Directory> section instead of <Location>.
Otherwise you must change the order in the config file.

Joshua.