Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nelson Serafica <nt...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/22 09:58:43 UTC

error in POM

I'm new to mvn and I'm not a programmer but I'm trying to install INDIVO
which requires mvn to install it. Installation is very straight forward.
Just do mvn install inside the directory.

To verify that mvn is installed properly, I do mvn -v and here is the
output:

Apache Maven 2.1.0 (r755702; 2009-03-19 03:10:27+0800)
Java version: 1.6.0_04
Java home: /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_04/jre
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.18-128.el5" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"

When I'm running mvn install inside INDIVO package, it always saying:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin
POM Location:
/root/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin/2.0-beta-7/maven-site-plugin-2.0-beta-7.pom

Reason: Not a v4.0.0 POM. for project
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin at
/root/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin/2.0-beta-7/maven-site-plugin-2.0-beta-7.pom

I have check the pom.xml and here is the top entry

xsi:schemaLocation="http://
maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">

When I check the content of maven-site-plugin-2.0-beta-7.pom, I only see

<title>301 Moved Permanently</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Moved Permanently</h1>
href="http://download.java.net/maven/2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin/2.0-beta-7/maven-site-plugin-2.0-beta-7.pom">here</a>.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache Server at maven2-repository.dev.java.net Port 443</address>

I'm using mvn 2.1. Does this mean I need to have mvn version 4.0? There
is no version 4.0 in the mvn website.  Do I need to update mvn? I'm
already using the new version as I check the website.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in Advance,

Nelson

Re: error in POM

Posted by JC <jc...@gmail.com>.
I think you should use the maven central repository.
Verify your settings.xml file in "/root/.m2/" and check the repositories
configuration.
If you don't have any repository configured, by default, the maven central
repository will be used.
Refer to http://maven.apache.org/settings.html for settings.xml
configuration.
The maven central repository URL is http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/

Good luck (and sorry for my poor english ;) )

Joao Carlos

Re: error in POM

Posted by Nelson Serafica <nt...@gmail.com>.

Re: error in POM