Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Remko Popma <re...@yahoo.com> on 2013/07/20 08:37:10 UTC

log4j-dev mail erratic

Recently email from the Log4J Developers List has been acting strange: I receive messages out of order, sometimes many hours after they have been sent. I also see replies to emails that I never received... Has anyone else experienced something similar or is it just me?

Remko

Re: log4j-dev mail erratic

Posted by Nick Williams <ni...@nicholaswilliams.net>.
Now THAT is definitely a Yahoo! problem. "FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD" means they rejected your email because it's a Yahoo! email coming from a non-Yahoo! IP address. Which means their systems aren't smart enough to ignore this rule for emails sent from their users on their POP/IMAP services. Lovely.

I'm going to make a very strong recommendation: switch to Gmail. It's orders of magnitude better that Yahoo! is.

Nick

Re: log4j-dev mail erratic

Re: log4j-dev mail erratic

Posted by Nicholas Williams <ni...@nicholaswilliams.net>.
Emails have been very snappy for me. Perhaps your provider is marking some
as spam, or delaying some? Then again, you're using Yahoo! mail. I can't
encourage you enough to use someone else.

I will note: a lot of these messages used to be delivered to spam for me
(Gmail). So I created a filter "to:log4j-dev@logging.apache.org" and told
it to put the emails in a folder and "never mark as spam." I've never had a
problem since, and it keeps my email organized.

Nick

Sent from my iPhone, so please forgive brief replies and frequent typos

Re: log4j-dev mail erratic

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
I don't have any problems, sorry :-|

--