Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2006/10/02 08:36:29 UTC

[ApacheDS] Release jars ready for testing

Hi all,

Before releasing ApacheDS I've prepared some 1.0 installer images for
testing.  Please kick the tires for a day or two and give us some
feedback just in case we missed something.  If there are no problems
these installers will be released.

You can find the installer images here:

    http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/apacheds/

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [ApacheDS] Schema Checking

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <sz...@apache.org>.
Hi Mbah!

The behavior you describe below looks very much like a bug to me. I was
able to reproduce something comparable with the person object class.
Therefore I ask you to file an issue at JIRA.

Another thing: Probably you know it, but if you use jndi.properties like
described here,
http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/beyond/env/source.html
it is not necessary to read the settings manually.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---8<---

Stefan Zoerner (szoerner@apache.org)
Apache Directory Project
Committer :: PMC Member

Re: [ApacheDS] Schema Checking

Posted by Mbah Tenjoh-Okwen <te...@googlemail.com>.
here is the code

[ApacheDS] Schema Checking

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Re: [ApacheDS] Release jars ready for testing

Posted by Mbah Tenjoh-Okwen <te...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

I understand that "LDAP directories use the concept of object classes to
define which attributes are allowed for objects of any given type"
consequently , I would like to know if the following behavior is normal:

in ApacheDS I am able to make use of any attribute without having added the
object classes which provide these attributes.

Illustration

say I have  an entry uid=kevin, ou=users,ou=sample
kevin has the following attributes  cn=kevin spacey, dc=ke, objectclass=top

Is it normal for apacheDS to allow me add cn and dc attributes even though I
havent added the object classes Person and domain?

ps

ou=sample is a partition I made

thanks

Posted by Nikola Goran Čutura <ng...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! Looking forward to 1.0!
:-)
Regards,
NGC

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Nikola Goran Čutura <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikola Goran Čutura <ng...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mbah Tenjoh-Okwen <te...@googlemail.com>.
I tested the aliasing  and succeeded in adding an alias.
thanks

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <sz...@apache.org>.
Hi Ersin,

I have just downloaded the file from the location Alex told us and have
installed the Win32 version. Installation runs fine, and I have a
running server as well. At least I am able to connect to it with a
client. Have you ticked the box to configure a Windows service? Or do
you try to start it without?

I will continue my tests later on.

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.

--
Ersin

Re: [ApacheDS] Release jars ready for testing

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
So for, everything is perfect with the installer on my Ubuntu box.

Emmanuel

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny