Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/03 01:53:23 UTC

Re: Fixing Search

What's the syntax for rollerdb.properties?  Here's what I get when
trying to run the script below.

[raible@kgb01 bin]$ ./checkDatabase.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException:
rollerdb.properties (No such file or directory)
        at org.roller.business.utils.ConsistencyCheck.main(ConsistencyCheck.java:35)

Is there an example of this file in Roller's source tree.

Matt

Re: Fixing Search

Posted by Lance Lavandowska <la...@gmail.com>.
On 8/18/05, Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The strange thing is it works fine when I eliminate my username:
>
> http://raibledesigns.com/search?q=julie
>
> I'm guessing it might be a theme problem - I'll try tweaking some date
> formatting stuff that I have.

That one bad entry isn't showing up on your first search results page,
more than likely.  Try stepping thru the results to see if you can
trip the error again.

Lance

Re: Fixing Search

Posted by Lance Lavandowska <la...@gmail.com>.
Oh, I see what you're saying!  Yes, must be something n your theme.

Re: Fixing Search

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Fixing Search

Posted by Lance Lavandowska <la...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sub categories

Posted by "Matthew P. Schmidt" <ma...@javalobby.org>.
I have to agree with a change that would let the listing of entries in a
category be recursive to its subcategories.  We've thought about making
this change at JRoller so that more categories could be included in the
frontpage listings.

Matthew P. Schmidt
Vice President of Technology
Javalobby.org
Email: matt@javalobby.org
Phone: 919.678.0300

Re: Sub categories

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.
On Sep 9, 2005, at 3:05 PM, Matt Raible wrote:
> On 9/9/05, paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Roller World,
>> Do we have a sub category feature in Roller 2.0?
>> Thanks -Ransford
>
> Yes, there is one, but it doesn't work like you'd think.  If you
> filter on a parent-category (via web or RSS means), the sub categories
> entries don't get included.  For example:
>
> http://raibledesigns.com/page/rd/archives/20050630?catname=Java
>
> http://raibledesigns.com/page/rd/archives/20050630?catname=Java/JavaOne
>
> IMO, the 1st link should contain all the links from the 2nd as well.

Yes, I agree too and we had that working at one point -- before the
switch to the Hibernate Query API and dynamic building of queries.

- Dave

Re: Sub categories

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.

Sub categories

Posted by paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Roller World,

On 8/18/05, Matt Raible wrote:
> Looks like it worked!

Ugh, it took me a few weeks to figure it out - but I believe there
might be some issues with Categories. Running the script to delete
"orphans" deleted all the posts that I with an "Open Source" category.
For those that follow my blog, you might remember some posts about
the OSCON conference I attended. For that conference (and entries), I
created an "Open Source" category. I just realized today that any
entry with this category is gone:

http://raibledesigns.com/page/rd/archives/20050831

It was in the first week of August.

Ugh - time to start looking through the backups.

Matt

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Fixing Search

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.
On Sep 9, 2005, at 2:22 PM, Matt Raible wrote:
> Ugh, it took me a few weeks to figure it out - but I believe there
> might be some issues with Categories.  Running the script to delete
> "orphans" deleted all the posts that I with an "Open Source" category.
>  For those that follow my blog, you might remember some posts about
> the OSCON conference I attended.  For that conference (and entries), I
> created an "Open Source" category.  I just realized today that any
> entry with this category is gone:
>
> http://raibledesigns.com/page/rd/archives/20050831
>
> It was in the first week of August.
>
> Ugh - time to start looking through the backups.

Any idea why those posts were considered to be orphans?

- Dave

Re: Fixing Search

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
I found the 4 missing posts in a MySQL Dump I did right before I ran
the scripts.  However, they're missing the pubtime and update time
(both have NULL).  Any idea why these aren't included in a dump?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Fixing Search

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Fixing Search

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
Looks like it worked!

Re: Fixing Search

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Fixing Search

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.

Re: Fixing Search

Posted by Matthew Schmidt <ma...@javalobby.org>.
They are primarily from way back when.  A few versions ago there were
issues with the integrity, but it should be cleared up now.

-Matt

Re: Fixing Search

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.

Re: Fixing Search