Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Henderson <mh...@mac.com> on 2004/09/02 19:07:23 UTC

RenderBlock w/o the Block

Hi,
      I've worked successfully with Block/RenderBlock but I wanted way
to achieve the same function w/o declaring the blocks so that I can add
new components to be displayed by a RenderBlock without having to edit
a page or a component to define a Block for the new component.

it was quite easy to do, once I found how the PageLoader creates
implicit components:

    http://www.behindthesite.com/blog/C1931765677/E1630021481/index.html

I have an example app running at:

     http://examples.mjhenderson.com/dynamicblock/app

Mike

Re: RenderBlock w/o the Block

Posted by Michael Henderson <mh...@mac.com>.
Hi,

I've managed to get DynamicBlock to render any component (that allows a
body) and pass the body of the DynamikcBlock to the rendered component.
If this pans out it means that you can dynamically replace components,
like page borders, which wrap other components, not just components
that represent some blocked area on the page.

I've written a note at:

http://www.behindthesite.com/blog/C1931765677/E572405339/index.html

Mike

Re: RenderBlock w/o the Block

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Mike,

Wow!  I wish I had the time to keep up with the innovations you're
making.  I definitely will make the time in the near future to catch up
with groovestry and this kinda stuff you've done.  Keep up the great
work!

	Erik