Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dola Woolfe <do...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/25 20:16:43 UTC

Connection reset by peer: socket write error

Hi,

I get these all the time. They don't seem to be
disruptive so I don't worry about them too much. But
the do obscure the valuable output so I would like to
eliminate them if psiible.

Dola

ClientAbortException:  java.net.SocketException:
Connection reset by peer: socket write error
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:365)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.flushBuffer(ByteChunk.java:403)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.doFlush(OutputBuffer.java:313)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.flush(OutputBuffer.java:292)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteOutputStream.flush(CoyoteOutputStream.java:85)
        at
universe.Chartable$PertracStylePerformance.pOutputChart(Chartable.java:226)
        at
servlets.ChartGenerator.doGet(ChartGenerator.java:25)
        at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:825)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:731)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:526)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Re: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

Posted by Dola Woolfe <do...@yahoo.com>.
> Do not use debug log level.
>
> Mladen.

Is it this part of of web.xml and should the 6 be
lowered?

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>debug</param-name>
          <param-value>6</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>cgiPathPrefix</param-name>
          <param-value>WEB-INF/cgi</param-value>
        </init-param>
         <load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

Re: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.
Dola Woolfe wrote:
> Is there a way to suppress them?
>
> I'm using TC5.5.4 on XP.

Do not use debug log level.

Mladen.

Re: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

Posted by Dola Woolfe <do...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.