Posted to user@openwebbeans.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2009/04/16 10:40:43 UTC

Re: Conversation Scope in non-JSF environment...

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi James!
>
> The conversation handling for JSF works with the servlet Filter WebBeansJSFFilter. This contains a few JSF specific hooks and retrieves information from the FacesContext. So this filter cannot be used in Wicket applications.

why a filter? Couldn't do an  extra FacesContextFactory do the trick?
See here -> http://tinyurl.com/deu24m

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: Conversation Scope in non-JSF environment...

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 6:33 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> I asked, why a filter (for JSF). Sorry for kinda hijacking the thread :D

Ahhhh, didn't understand that you were only talking about why the
filter.  Hijack away! :)

Re: Conversation Scope in non-JSF environment...

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:01 PM, James Carman
<jc...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi James!
>>>
>>> The conversation handling for JSF works with the servlet Filter WebBeansJSFFilter. This contains a few JSF specific hooks and retrieves information from the FacesContext. So this filter cannot be used in Wicket applications.
>>
>> why a filter? Couldn't do an  extra FacesContextFactory do the trick?
>> See here -> http://tinyurl.com/deu24m
>
> How does something with the name "Faces" in it make this a non-JSF
> environment? :)  Whatever we do, the faceyness (for the record, I just
> coined that phrase) should be completely removed.

<snip>
The conversation handling for JSF works with the servlet Filter
WebBeansJSFFilter
</snip>

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.