Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Gunakar Rao Perumala <gu...@zensar.com> on 2006/11/27 04:40:46 UTC

Issue with the AuthzSVNAccessFile

Hi everybody,

can anyone tell me just where I have to configure the AuthzSVNAccessFile ...bocoz im not able to trace the error where it is saying like Access Denied for the user...

Warm Regards
Gunakar

This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient(s) and the views expressed in the same are not
necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd. If you are not the intended
recipient or have received this e-mail by error, its use is strictly
prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar
Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Re: Issue with the AuthzSVNAccessFile

Posted by Jehan PROCACCIA <Je...@int-evry.fr>.
You will find an apache + ldap + svn sample config in the doc I wrote
about our subversion server.
http://jehan-procaccia.int-evry.fr/twiki/bin/view/Documentations/SubVersionAdmin#configuration_apache

It's in french, but directives are in english of course, that would give
you an idea !
we also used ldap system accounts (nssldap)  for shell command svnserver
(svn+ssh) acces in that same doc,  if of intesrest to you ...
putting all this together wasn't an easy thing to do, that's why I wrote
this doc in order that my collegues can maintain a minimum of this
service without going through the whole wonderfull svn book .
hope it helps .

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Robert Petkus <rp...@bnl.gov>.

Gunakar Rao Perumala wrote:
> Hi
>
> I Have no idea ,but still going for the question as follows.....

Huh? What don't you have an idea about?

> Is there any kind confgifuration is required for the slapd.conf in order to
> configure the LDAP for the subversion in apache's httpf.conf file....

What do you want to do -- LDAP authentication or authorization?  You can
use LDAP for authentication and AuthzSVN for authorization.

Robert

--
Robert Petkus
Brookhaven National Laboratory

RE: Issue with the AuthzSVNAccessFile

Posted by Robert Petkus <rp...@bnl.gov>.
apache conf file will have something like this in the directory/location
container:
<location ... >
AuthzSVNAccessFile /somewhere/.svn.access
Satisfy Any
Require valid-user
</location>

and your .svn.access would have something like:
[groups]
goat_lord = luser1,luser2,luser3
[/]
@goat_lord = rw
* = r

where the group goat_lord can read-write whereas everyone else can just
read.

Robert