Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu> on 2010/03/31 22:01:42 UTC

WSDL 2.0 for mobiles

Does anyone happen to know of any WSDL 2.0 parsers that can run
under J2ME CDC? I tried Woden (which compiles on Java 1.4) but no
luck.

Thanks

Axis 2 1.3 to later versions

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi all,

    if I am not mistaken the latest versions of Axis 2 are backwards
compatible with
all previous versions of Axis 2 - ex. I can run Axis 2 1.3 WS on Axis 2
1.4 and 1.5
engines correct?

Thanks

Axis 2 1.3 to later versions

Axis 2 1.3 to later versions

Re: WSDL 2.0 for mobiles

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
 Axis2 provide excellent support for WSDL 2.0 , by default when you query
with ?wsdl it will generate WSDL 1.1 document but with ?wsdl2 you can
generate WSDL 2.0 documents.

e.g - http://localhost:8080/services/SimpleService?wsdl2

Also to generate source codes from WSDL 2.0 document you can use WSDL2JAVA
tool with -wv 2 or -wv 2.0 option ,  HTH.

Thanks,

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu> wrote:

> Any Axis2 version (since it's inception) generates and supports WSDL 2.0?
> Is this by default or is a setting somewhere required for generating a
> particular
> version of WSDL? In other words if I query an Axis2 1.3 WS would I be
> getting back a 2.0 WSDL by default?
>
> Thanks
>

> Demetris wrote:
>

>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> actually with Java 1.6 I don't see issues - just the examples were not
>> 100% compatible with
>> the current state of Woden. My issue is running it under J2ME (based on
>> Java 1.4). As others
>> pointed out most likely I will need to do the parsing myself on mobile
>> devices.
>>
>> Thanks again
>>
>> Martin Gainty wrote:
>>
>>> demetris-
>>>
>>> i'm running woden-dom-1.0M8 under JVM 1.6.0_16 and have not experienced
>>> any anomalies (thus far)
>>> what types of issues are you running into?
>>>  thanks,
>>> Martin Gainty
>>> Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité
>>>  Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene
>>> Empfaenger sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte
>>> Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht
>>> dient lediglich dem Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine
>>> rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von
>>> E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.
>>> Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n'êtes pas
>>> le destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que pour satisfaire
>>> informez l'expéditeur. N'importe quelle diffusion non autorisée ou la copie
>>> de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l'information seulement et n'aura
>>> pas n'importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant donné que les email
>>> peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter
>>> aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.
>>>

>>>  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 00:00:05 -0400
>>> Subject: Re: WSDL 2.0 for mobiles
>>> From: keithgchapman@gmail.com
>>> To: java-dev@axis.apache.org
>>>
>>> Woden is the only parser that I'm aware of.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Keith.
>>>
>>> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Demetris <demetris@ece.neu.edu <mailto:
>>> demetris@ece.neu.edu>> wrote:
>>>

>>>    Does anyone happen to know of any WSDL 2.0 parsers that can run
>>>    under J2ME CDC? I tried Woden (which compiles on Java 1.4) but no
>>>    luck.
>>>
>>>    Thanks

>>> --
>>>
>>> Keith Chapman