Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nagendra Nagarajayya <nn...@transaxtions.com> on 2011/06/29 17:46:00 UTC

[Announce] Solr 3.2 with RankingAlgorithm NRT capability, very high performance 1428 tps

Hi!

I would like to announce Solr 3.2 with RankingAlgorithm has Near Real
Time capability now. The NRT performance is very high, 1428
documents/sec [ MBArtists 390k index]. The NRT functionality allows you
to add documents without the IndexSearchers being closed or caches being
cleared. A commit is not needed with the document update. Searches can
run concurrently with document updates. No changes are needed except for
enabling the NRT through solrconfig.xml.

A new visible attribute has been introduced that allows one to tune the
visibility of a document added to the index. The default is 150ms. This
can be set to 0 enabling documents to become visible for searches as
soon as they are added. The visibility attribute is added as below:

<realtime visible="150">true</realtime>

With visible attribute at 200ms,  the performance is about  1428 TPS
(document adds) on a dual core intel system with 2GB heap with searches
in parallel.

I have a wiki page that describes NRT performance in detail and can be
accessed from here:

http://solr-ra.tgels.com/wiki/en/Near_Real_Time_Search_ver3.2

You can download Solr 3.2 with RankingAlgorithm (NRT version) from here:

http://solr-ra.tgels.com

I would like to invite you to give this version a try as the performance
is very high, comparable to the default load.

Regards,

- Nagendra Nagarajayya
http://solr-ra.tgels.com
http://rankingalgorithm.tgels.com