Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Erin Noe-Payne <er...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/17 19:13:46 UTC

Re: Auto-generated docs

For anyone interested, I have added the jsdoc3 plugin to
rave-portal-resources and documented exactly one of the core modules
using jsdoc3.  You can see the output by runing "$ mvn jsdoc3:jsdoc3"
from rave-portal-resources. The site is built to
./target/site/jsdoc/module-rave.html.

This is tied to the "$ mvn site" goal, but at the moment that is
throwing some erros that I have not tried to debug yet.

I'll be moving forward with documenting the rest of the core js
modules. Give a shout if you have any input about the docs or thoughts
about how to version and upload documentation to the rave site as part
of our release or build process.

Re: Auto-generated docs

Posted by Erin Noe-Payne <er...@gmail.com>.
I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Per Rave-984 [1], I've completed
the docs for the rave core modules. Given the angular rewrite and the
inscrutable nature of the portal code I'm not planning to document
those modules at this time. I opened another issue [2] for integrating
documentation generation into the build process for releases.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-984
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-989

Re: Auto-generated docs

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.