Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/09 19:09:30 UTC

CloudMonkey 5.1 error

Not sure if this is a bug in code or in user:
daan:~> cloudmonkey -d ~/.cloudmonkey/local.root
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/cloudmonkey", line 5, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py",
line 2603, in <module>
    working_set.require(__requires__)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py",
line 666, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py",
line 565, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req)  # XXX put more info here
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: requests

I did sudo pip install cloudmonkey

and got
daan:~> pip list | grep cloud
cloudmonkey (5.1.0)

Any change in reqs?
any extra reqs on macosx?

--
Daan

Re: CloudMonkey 5.1 error

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Daan,
>
>> daan:~> cloudmonkey -d ~/.cloudmonkey/local.root
> The first email notes, -d instead of -c I'm assuming this was a typo.
yes it was, I have executed with -c afterwards and the same error resulted.

> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Try this:
>
> $ which cloudmonkey
>    /usr/local/bin/cloudmonkey
been there

> $ cat /usr/local/bin/cloudmonkey
> <check output, if something's wrong>
done that

> $ python
>    > import cloudmonkey # is this throwing any error?
no

> Lastly, this could be because of bad requests being installed, try:
> $ easy_install --upgrade pip # upgrade pip, it could be source of the issue
> $ # try to run cloudmonkey now?
no go

> $ pip uninstall requests cloudmonkey
> $ pip install requests cloudmonkey
> $ # try now, if it works let us know
no go! one extra note, I have to use sudo on most of the commands you
are giving. That given I tried
$ sudo cloudmonkey
no go :(

> If this fails, it will be hard to debug the issue without looking into your
> environment.
>
> Regards.
> PS. No promises, but probably soon cloudmonkey will be free from dependency
> and python issues
That is a big promisse :)

--
Daan

Re: CloudMonkey 5.1 error

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
Hi Daan,

> daan:~> cloudmonkey -d ~/.cloudmonkey/local.root
The first email notes, -d instead of -c I'm assuming this was a typo.

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I didn't think of the old frameworks but these don't contain any but
> vboxapi. Do you think this has anything to do with it?

In some cases it can, but if old frameworks does not contain cloudmonkey
we're fine.

> I uninstalled
> and installed cloudmonkey several times and I checked that  it was
> really gone in between.

Try this:

$ which cloudmonkey
   /usr/local/bin/cloudmonkey

Re: CloudMonkey 5.1 error

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
I didn't think of the old frameworks but these don't contain any but
vboxapi. Do you think this has anything to do with it? I uninstalled

--
Daan

Re: CloudMonkey 5.1 error

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.