Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Anisha Agarwal <aa...@hexiscyber.com> on 2014/01/30 01:07:58 UTC

Error while adding new service to existing cluster

Hi,

I am trying to add a new service to an existing cluster, and getting a server error in response. Any ideas on what I need to fix this? I followed the instructions here : https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Adding+a+New+Service+to+an+Existing+Cluster

Using this API:
curl -u admin:admin -i -X POST -d '{"ServiceInfo":{"service_name”:”<service_name>"}}' http://<ambari-server>:8080/api/v1/clusters/<cluster-name>/services

I see this error :
<head>
<title>Error 500 Server Error</title>
</head>
<h2>HTTP ERROR: 500</h2>

Attaching a file with the errors I see in the log file.

Thanks,
Anisha

Re: Error while adding new service to existing cluster

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Anisha,

It seems the service might not be a part of the stack. Can you provide the
exact API call?
Also, what version of stack did you select while installing your cluster?

Note, make sure to append *-H "X-Requested-By:ambari" *with every curl
call. Although, this would result in 400 Bad request and that doesn't seem
to be the case.

Regards,
Sid

--