Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by sa...@students.iiit.ac.in on 2007/10/05 20:18:02 UTC

Query Formation Problem

While retrieving search results: i am having this problem
For Query A i get P results and For Query B i get R Results.
Howeve, I want Query (A or B) which should give (P U R) Results, But i am
getting NO results.

Please let me know how i should for the query for A or B, I am using
nutch-0.9
I am retrieving queries from an XML file..

Thanks in Advance
Sachin.

Re: Query Formation Problem

Posted by Jasper Kamperman <ja...@openwaternet.com>.
One thing I have noticed is that NutchBean (for example used through
the little webapp) implements default AND semantics, that is if I type

   nutch lucene

I only get pages that have both "nutch" and "lucene" on them.

However if I do the same in Luke (which directly uses Lucene
functionality) it implements OR semantics, so it
will return pages that have either "nutch" or "lucene" or both on them.

Basicaly, while nutch does use lucene as underlying engine, nutch
queries are translated into lucene queries in a non-trivial way.

Re: Query Formation Problem

Posted by Sagar Naik <sa...@visvo.com>.
Hey,

Re: Query Formation Problem

Posted by Rohan Mehta <ro...@visvo.com>.
What is the query you are firing ?
It seems most likely that you are firing A& B

little more information would help in better understanding the problem.

Cheers,
Rohan