Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au> on 2003/05/15 15:24:09 UTC

Stoopid internet

The night I get a bit of time to push the release and my connection to
apache is running so slow as to be unusable.

**sigh**

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au

Re: Stoopid internet

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
No rush dude.  BTW the superlink site is relaunching soon.  We'll be listing
service contracts for POI and prices.  Unfortunately, they'll be cheaper
than I wanted because Actuate fell back down to earth.  I'll be detailing it
and sending it to you guys.

The game will be:

1. Whoever services the contract gets 50% of the "service" money  (50% pays
my frigging google ads more than anything else).

2. 70% of the hourly rate above that related to support contracts.  (the
only way I make money off of the deal without doing the work myself)

3. If you can't do something you write to a new mail list and someone else
helps you out.  (They get to bill it out of course)

We'll revise pricing as demand goes up.  Eventually it won't matter that
actuate is cheaper.

I think at first we can get everyone at least a few hundred a month.  And
the support will be on top of gigs of course.

On 5/15/03 8:24 AM, "Glen Stampoultzis" <gs...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> The night I get a bit of time to push the release and my connection to
> apache is running so slow as to be unusable.
>
> **sigh**
>

> Glen Stampoultzis
> gstamp@iinet.net.au
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~gstamp/glen/