Posted to wiki-changes@httpd.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/04/10 14:03:28 UTC

[Httpd Wiki] Update of "Troubleshooting" by Phaequi Vechaic

Dear Wiki user,

The "Troubleshooting" page has been changed by Phaequi Vechaic.
The comment on this change is: added entry for SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length..
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Troubleshooting?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

  Some of these error conditions are already listed [[Logs|here]], but we also need some tips for hunting down the causes of segfaults, as well as stuff like "my .htaccess file isn't firing."

+ == SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. ==
+ You recieve an error when viewing the SSL or TLS secured web page.
+ A gecko based web browser gives the following error message:
+
+ Secure Connection Failed
+ An error occurred during a connection to www.example.com.
+ SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.
+ (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)
+
+ The problem is that the server uses name based virtual hosting, which is incompatible with TLS and SSL.
+