Posted to dev@empire-db.apache.org by ja...@glaubitz.org on 2016/09/13 05:46:56 UTC

DBColumnJoinExpr.and()

Hello,

I just noticed that DBColumnJoinExpr.and(...) returns DBJoinExp, not
DBColumnJoinExpr. Is this on purpose? DBCommand.join() returns
DBColumnJoinExpr.

You can't do:

cmd.join(A.ONE, B.ONE, DBJoinType.LEFT).and(A.TWO, B.TWO).and(A.THREE,
B.THREE) [...]

but have to do:

DBColumnJoinExpr j = new DBColumnJoinExpr(A.ONE, B.ONE, DBJoinType.LEFT);
j.and(A.TWO, B.TWO);
j.and(A.THREE, B.THREE);
cmd.join(j);

which is a little bit more clunky IMO.

What do you think? Should we change it?

- jan

Re: DBColumnJoinExpr.and()

Posted by Sascha Kraupa <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jan,

i also noticed this problem a wile ago.

I think, if there is no good reason for this, it should be changed.

Sascha