Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Le...@syntegra.com on 2001/06/18 14:08:52 UTC

Web page parameters

Hi all,

When using Jmeter on web pages, is there any way to simulate user data entry
on form fields, can parameters be used for this? if so is it just a case of
assigning a value to the field name in the table provided in Jmeter?  Is
this then the equivalent to submitting the form, ie will processing be
passed on in my case to the servlet in the form action tag or does
processing of the JSP stop once it is loaded?

Cheers

Leigh White

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it without reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com

Re: Web page parameters

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Select "POST" as the Method for your Url sample, and all the parameters you
enter into the parameter panel will be submitted as though from a form.

-Mike

On Monday 18 June 2001 12:08, Leigh.White@syntegra.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When using Jmeter on web pages, is there any way to simulate user data
> entry on form fields, can parameters be used for this? if so is it just a
> case of assigning a value to the field name in the table provided in
> Jmeter?  Is this then the equivalent to submitting the form, ie will
> processing be passed on in my case to the servlet in the form action tag or
> does processing of the JSP stop once it is loaded?
>
> Cheers
>

> Leigh White

> This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If
> you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender
> immediately and delete it without reading, copying, storing, forwarding or
> disclosing its contents to any other person Thank you
>
> Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com

Mike Stover
mstover1@apache.org