Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Andre Landwehr <an...@gmx.net> on 2002/10/02 10:27:21 UTC

Re: PrevNextForm problem, revisited

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 03:34:57PM +0200, Andre Landwehr wrote:
> ok, I recognized my error, I didn't use %fdat for the
> database request. Here's my modified and working simple page,
> just for documentation purposes ;-)

As an addendum I want to mention here that common browsers only
send form data back to the server when they know which page to
send it to. Since DBIx::Recordset does not specify an action
attribute in the generated PrevNextForm, it is absolutely
necessary to have the page name in the URL (self-submit is the
default if no action is specified).
I ran into that problem when I referenced the page in question as
directory/to/my/page/ and left out the name index.html,
because this is found by mod_dir then. %fdat was completely empty
then.

Andre

--
"The inside of a computer is as dumb as hell, but it goes like mad!"
(Physicist Richard Feynman)