Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by superk888 <su...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/15 23:10:40 UTC

CXF web service + JPA persistence ?!

Hi everyone,

Here's the problem I'm currently facing : I've developed a kinda simple web
service using CXF that could be invoked to, among other things, launch
"CRUD" operation on a DB using JPA. The XML configuration file from my
service is as simple as possible, see below :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 					http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws
 					http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd">
	<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" />
	<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />

	<!-- JAXWS SERVICE DEFINITION -->
	<jaxws:endpoint id="forhrm"

implementor="be.formatech.forhrm.web.webServices.wsController.ControllerServiceImpl"
address="/ForHRMWS">
		<jaxws:properties>
			<entry key="mtom-enabled" value="true" />
		</jaxws:properties>
	</jaxws:endpoint>
</beans>

When multiple clients invoke my service; let's say CLIENT A updates a
record, when CLIENT B reads this record, the latter reads the old value
instead of the updated value. Does using JPA with CXF need some specific
configuration? (I happen to read on the internet that it could need some
additional configuration in the XML file since CXF partially integrates
SPRING, which manages EntityManager on its own manner)

Hope I've described my problem precisely enough but basically, it's just
about how to use JPA with CXF?

Thanks in advance

Re: CXF web service + JPA persistence ?!

Posted by superk888 <su...@gmail.com>.
Problem solved (hope there weren't too many people on this issue).

The problems was that my service was based on existing classes but only
partially --> my service didn't keep the part that close the
connection/entityManager...

My bad,