Posted to announce@httpd.apache.org by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org> on 2005/11/23 16:30:23 UTC

ANNOUNCE: Mod_python 3.2.5 Beta

The Apache Software Foundation and The Apache HTTP Server Project are
pleased to announce the 3.2.5 Beta release mod_python.

Version 3.2.5b of mod_python features several new functions and attributes
providing better access to apache internals, file-based sessions and other
session improvements, as well as many bug fixes and various performance
and security improvements. A detailed description of the changes is
available in Appendix A of the mod_python manual, also available here:

http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-3.2.5b/doc-html/node97.html

Beta releases are NOT considered stable and usually contain bugs.

This release is intended to solicit widespread testing of the code. We
strongly recommend that you try out your existing applications and
experiment with new features in a non-production environment using this
version and report any problems you may encounter so that they can be
addressed before the final release.

Preferred method of reporting problems is the mod_python user list
mod_python@modpython.org.

Mod_python 3.2.5b is available for download from:

http://httpd.apache.org/modules/python-download.cgi

For more information about mod_python visit http://www.modpython.org/

Regards,

Grisha Trubetskoy and the Apache mod_python team.

Re: [mod_python] ANNOUNCE: Mod_python 3.2.5 Beta

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jp...@jgassociates.ca>.
Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> A couple of weeks perhaps? I don't think the final can happen before
> Apachecon without feeling rushed anyway, so we could target second half
> of December?

Sounds good. But are you not at least a little bit tempted to have it
have it ready to go so that you can make the official announcement at
ApacheCon?

Jim

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jp...@jgassociates.ca>.
Grisha,

Re: [SPAM] [mod_python] [SPAM] ANNOUNCE: Mod_python 3.2.5 Beta

Posted by Jorey Bump <li...@joreybump.com>.
David Fraser wrote:
> Is anyone else subscribed to announce@httpd.apache.org? It was that one
> that had the SPAM in the subject, and my mail server doesn't have the
> ability to add these :-)

It's the mail server at modpython.org. The spam threshold is set too low
(2.4). I recommend raising it to 5 and changing rewrite_subject to 0 (or
upgrading to a newer version of spamassassin completely).

Re: [SPAM] [mod_python] [SPAM] ANNOUNCE: Mod_python 3.2.5 Beta

Posted by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com>.

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jp...@jgassociates.ca>.

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com>.