Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by duan duan <dq...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/10 08:25:57 UTC

Ask Question

Solr :use DIH to update indexes to SolrCloud in the Specified shard?
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26838674/solr-use-dih-to-update-indexes-to-solrcloud-in-the-specified-shard>

Case: i want to insert indexes to solrcloud inspecified shard ,the shard
was that what i dynamically added. Can solr do it?

Thanks.

Fwd: Ask Question

Re: Ask Question

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Whoa! One of the main points of SolrCloud is that you shouldn't have (in
most cases) to worry about the shard. If you must control the shard,
you can include a prefix with the ! character.

So I really wonder if this is an XY problem. Please tell us the use-case
you are trying to solve, perhaps there's a better answer.

Best,
Erick