Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Guan Yu <gu...@hotmail.com> on 2007/06/21 05:48:44 UTC

how to generate java heap dump from tomcat 5.0.27

i need to generate java heap dump to trace memory leak in our web application. We are using tomcat 5.0.27.
I added "-agentlib:hprof=heap=dump,format=b,file=D:/java.hprof" to Java Options using "Configure Tomcat". Is this the correct method? How do I continue from here?
Check out some new online services that are so new they haven’t even been officially released yet.
http://get.live.com/beta

Re: how to generate java heap dump from tomcat 5.0.27

Posted by Phi-Long LE <ph...@cp.finances.gouv.fr>.
I use the same method as you except the fact that all java options are
within a file and I set the JAVA_OPTS to -Xoptionsfile=....