Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Slimane Zouggari <sl...@clin.ucl.ac.be> on 2002/03/27 17:17:34 UTC

Problem with caching

Hi,

When I try to follow a link to one of My action class. Sometimes, it works
correctly and sometimes, my browser just take the old copy of the generated
page it has in cache.

My question is: How can I avoid that ? What do I have to do to be sure my
browser doesn't set anything in cache ?

I tried to put the following in my jsp pages, without any success:

<%
   response.addHeader("pragma","no-cache"); // http v1.0
   response.addHeader("cache-control","no-cache"); // http v1.1
%>

Could anybody point me to the right way to achieve that ?

Thanks in advance.

Friendly Regards,
Slimane

Re: Problem with caching

Posted by Slimane <z...@skynet.be>.
Thanx, I'll try

At 17:35 27/03/2002 +0100, Christian Bouessay wrote the following
>For all actions, you could configure the ActionServlet in web.xml, like this:
><init-param>
>      <param-name>nocache</param-name>
>      <param-value>true</param-value>
>    </init-param>
>

>--
>C. Bouessay
>
>Slimane Zouggari wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>When I try to follow a link to one of My action class. Sometimes, it
>>works correctly and sometimes, my browser just take the old copy of the
>>generated page it has in cache.
>>
>>My question is: How can I avoid that ? What do I have to do to be sure my
>>browser doesn't set anything in cache ?
>>
>>I tried to put the following in my jsp pages, without any success:
>>
>><%
>>   response.addHeader("pragma","no-cache"); // http v1.0
>>   response.addHeader("cache-control","no-cache"); // http v1.1
>>%>
>>
>>Could anybody point me to the right way to achieve that ?
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Friendly Regards,
>>Slimane
>>

>>--
>>

>--

Make it run, Make it right, Make it fast

Re: Problem with caching

Posted by Christian Bouessay <cb...@businessdecision.com>.