Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by deepak <de...@indiqus.com.INVALID> on 2020/06/10 05:59:21 UTC

Cloudstack 4.13.1 integration with KVM Host issue

Hi,

Whenever we are creating an VM on a particular Basic zone we are not getting IP on that VM but when we check router we are getting ip there for that VM and when we assign that IP on VM it is working fine but we are doing manually. so we would like to know the reason of not getting IP for that VM via DHCP

 VR screenshot:-

VM screenshot:-

Cloud Stack Version 4.13.1 and we are using KVM as Host which we have installed on Centos version 7.8 and its a local infra so weed nested virtualization. These KVM host are running on my esxi 6.5 server.

Virtual Router template version 4.11.3

KVM Host network configuration details;

[root@kvmec network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-cloudbr0

TYPE=Bridge

BOOTPROTO=none

DEVICE=cloudbr0

ONBOOT=yes

IPADDR=172.31.21.2

NETMASK=255.255.255.0

GATEWAY=172.31.21.254

IPV6INIT=no

IPV6_AUTOCONF=no

DELAY=5

STP=yes

[root@iqlab1-demo-kvmec network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-ens192

TYPE=Ethernet

BOOTPROTO=none

ONBOOT=yes

HOTPLUG=no

DEVICE=ens192

BRIDGE=cloudbr0

[root@kvmec network-scripts]#

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak Kumar

Re: Cloudstack 4.13.1 integration with KVM Host issue

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Can you ping from the VM to the IP of the VR (i.e. verify VLAN connectivity
between VM and a VR))
VMware nested env, usually would require promiscuous networking, etc.

Regards,

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Cloudstack 4.13.1 integration with KVM Host issue

Posted by nu...@li.nux.ro.