Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Al Sparks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/15 01:05:39 UTC

[users@httpd] Passing REMOTE_ADDR on 2.0.x reverse proxy

I'm running apache 2.0.x as a reverse proxy.  Apparently, it's not
passing along the original IP address to the target server.
Specifically the REMOTE_ADDR field on the target server is showing the
IP address of the proxy server, instead of the IP address that the
proxy sees.

I've seen some docs that address the problem on Apache 1.3.x, but not
   2.0.x.  How do I troubleshoot this?
    === Al

Re: [users@httpd] Passing REMOTE_ADDR on 2.0.x reverse proxy

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 14.01.08 16:05, Al Sparks wrote:
> I'm running apache 2.0.x as a reverse proxy.  Apparently, it's not
> passing along the original IP address to the target server.
> Specifically the REMOTE_ADDR field on the target server is showing the
> IP address of the proxy server, instead of the IP address that the
> proxy sees.
>
> I've seen some docs that address the problem on Apache 1.3.x, but not
>    2.0.x.  How do I troubleshoot this?

use X-Forwarded-For: however it may contain more than one IP's and you
should trust (and thus skip) only your proxy and use just next one
Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released
in first quarter of year 1901