Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2022/01/12 10:16:36 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Remove activemq-camel component

Hi all,

ActiveMQ provides activemq-camel component.

This component is "old" (using Camel 2.25.x) and has been replaced by
camel-activemq and/or camel-jms.

I propose to remove ActiveMQ Camel from the ActiveMQ code.

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB

Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove activemq-camel component

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
The report would be helpful then.

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 1:13 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>
wrote:

> OK thanks.
>
> Actually, I know cherry-pick -x / cherry-pick -e pretty well ;)
>
> I’m using it for a while when back porting from main to activemq-5.xx.x
> branches (and in bunch of others Apache projects) ;)
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> > Le 15 janv. 2022 à 06:51, Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
> >
> > I’m talking more about a general point orthogonal to this discussion.
> >

> > When you back port commits.  If you used git cherry pick -x
> >
> > I have a report to help track commits between branches.
> >

> > On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 11:50 PM JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Clebert
> >>
> >> We know but these point here was more a discussion to the community if
> it
> >> makes sense to remove the component in 5.16.x.
> >>
> >> And actually it’s something we discussed in the original PR (I forgot):
> we
> >> agreed to remove on for coming 5.17.x releases.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> JB

> removed.

> jb@nanthrax.net>

> >> by camel-activemq and/or camel-jms.

> >> --
> > Clebert Suconic
>
> --
Clebert Suconic

Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove activemq-camel component

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> OK thanks.
>
> Actually, I know cherry-pick -x / cherry-pick -e pretty well ;)
>
> I’m using it for a while when back porting from main to activemq-5.xx.x
> branches (and in bunch of others Apache projects) ;)
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> > Le 15 janv. 2022 à 06:51, Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
> >
> > I’m talking more about a general point orthogonal to this discussion.
> >

> > When you back port commits.  If you used git cherry pick -x
> >
> > I have a report to help track commits between branches.
> >

> > On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 11:50 PM JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Clebert
> >>
> >> We know but these point here was more a discussion to the community if
> it
> >> makes sense to remove the component in 5.16.x.
> >>
> >> And actually it’s something we discussed in the original PR (I forgot):
> we
> >> agreed to remove on for coming 5.17.x releases.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> JB

> removed.

> jb@nanthrax.net>

> >> by camel-activemq and/or camel-jms.

> >> --
> > Clebert Suconic
>
> --
Clebert Suconic

Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove activemq-camel component

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
OK thanks.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
OK thanks.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
I’m talking more about a general point orthogonal to this discussion.

When you back port commits.  If you used git cherry pick -x

I have a report to help track commits between branches.

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 11:50 PM JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:

> Hi Clebert
>
> We know but these point here was more a discussion to the community if it
> makes sense to remove the component in 5.16.x.
>
> And actually it’s something we discussed in the original PR (I forgot): we
> agreed to remove on for coming 5.17.x releases.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> > Le 14 janv. 2022 à 23:17, Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
> >
> > you guys should use cherry-pick -x between main and 5.16.x
> >

> > then you could use this type of reporting I'm generating for between
> > main and 2.19.x on activemq artemis. it's fairly helpful I think.
> > easier to manage what's missing between the branches...
> >

> > let me know if you need some help using that..(although I'm not
> > available next week as I'm going out on a trip for a family issue)
> >
> >> On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 10:22 AM JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Ok I remember the discussion now.
> >>
> >> Let’s keep it in 5.16.x and focus on 5.17.0 where it’s already removed.
> >>
> >> Sorry about the noise ;)
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> JB

> by camel-activemq and/or camel-jms.

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic
>
> --
Clebert Suconic

Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove activemq-camel component

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
I’m talking more about a general point orthogonal to this discussion.

When you back port commits.  If you used git cherry pick -x

I have a report to help track commits between branches.

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 11:50 PM JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:

> Hi Clebert
>
> We know but these point here was more a discussion to the community if it
> makes sense to remove the component in 5.16.x.
>
> And actually it’s something we discussed in the original PR (I forgot): we
> agreed to remove on for coming 5.17.x releases.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> > Le 14 janv. 2022 à 23:17, Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
> >
> > you guys should use cherry-pick -x between main and 5.16.x
> >

> > then you could use this type of reporting I'm generating for between
> > main and 2.19.x on activemq artemis. it's fairly helpful I think.
> > easier to manage what's missing between the branches...
> >

> > let me know if you need some help using that..(although I'm not
> > available next week as I'm going out on a trip for a family issue)
> >
> >> On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 10:22 AM JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Ok I remember the discussion now.
> >>
> >> Let’s keep it in 5.16.x and focus on 5.17.0 where it’s already removed.
> >>
> >> Sorry about the noise ;)
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> JB

> by camel-activemq and/or camel-jms.

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic
>
> --
Clebert Suconic

Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove activemq-camel component

Posted by JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Clebert

We know but these point here was more a discussion to the community if it makes sense to remove the component in 5.16.x.

And actually it’s something we discussed in the original PR (I forgot): we agreed to remove on for coming 5.17.x releases.

Regards
JB

> Le 14 janv. 2022 à 23:17, Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> you guys should use cherry-pick -x between main and 5.16.x
>

> then you could use this type of reporting I'm generating for between
> main and 2.19.x on activemq artemis. it's fairly helpful I think.
> easier to manage what's missing between the branches...
>

> let me know if you need some help using that..(although I'm not
> available next week as I'm going out on a trip for a family issue)
>
>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 10:22 AM JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>
>> Ok I remember the discussion now.
>>
>> Let’s keep it in 5.16.x and focus on 5.17.0 where it’s already removed.
>>
>> Sorry about the noise ;)
>>
>> Regards
>> JB

>>> Yes, I know: my point is also to remove from activemq-5.16.x
>>>
>>> If no objection, I will remove it from there.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Clebert

We know but these point here was more a discussion to the community if it makes sense to remove the component in 5.16.x.

And actually it’s something we discussed in the original PR (I forgot): we agreed to remove on for coming 5.17.x releases.

Regards
JB

> Le 14 janv. 2022 à 23:17, Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> you guys should use cherry-pick -x between main and 5.16.x
>

> then you could use this type of reporting I'm generating for between
> main and 2.19.x on activemq artemis. it's fairly helpful I think.
> easier to manage what's missing between the branches...
>

> let me know if you need some help using that..(although I'm not
> available next week as I'm going out on a trip for a family issue)
>
>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 10:22 AM JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>
>> Ok I remember the discussion now.
>>
>> Let’s keep it in 5.16.x and focus on 5.17.0 where it’s already removed.
>>
>> Sorry about the noise ;)
>>
>> Regards
>> JB

>>> Yes, I know: my point is also to remove from activemq-5.16.x
>>>
>>> If no objection, I will remove it from there.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove activemq-camel component

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove activemq-camel component

Posted by JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.