Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by David McGuire <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/20 12:58:54 UTC

error - spelling mistake in special character heading

Hello,

I noticed when scrolling through the special character list by heading that
there is one called "Canadan Aboriginal Symbols". Should this not be
"CANADIAN Aboriginal Symbols"?

It's certainly a tiny thing considering the scope of your project, but
hopefully this helps with continuity.

Regards,
David

Re: error - spelling mistake in special character heading

Posted by Robert Funnell <ro...@mcgill.ca>.
On Tue, 20 May 2014, David McGuire wrote:

> I noticed when scrolling through the special character list by heading that
> there is one called "Canadan Aboriginal Symbols". Should this not be
> "CANADIAN Aboriginal Symbols"?

For which font are you seeing that?

Re: error - spelling mistake in special character heading

Posted by Robert Funnell <ro...@mcgill.ca>.
On Tue, 20 May 2014, Robert Funnell wrote:

> On Tue, 20 May 2014, David McGuire wrote:

>>  I noticed when scrolling through the special character list by heading
>>  that
>>  there is one called "Canadan Aboriginal Symbols". Should this not be
>>  "CANADIAN Aboriginal Symbols"?
>
> For which font are you seeing that?

For Courier and DejaVu Serif, for example, I see Canadian Aboriginal
Syllables, spelled correctly.

For Times New Roman, Arial, Courier New I don't see that subset at
all.

I don't have American Typewriter, which you mentioned off-line.

This is for Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 under MS Windows 7.

I don't know where or how the font subset names are defined.