Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rob Tanner <rt...@linfield.edu> on 2006/09/15 20:33:53 UTC

[REPOST] Can't get apache and Tomcat to talk

(Grrr!  I hit send when I meant save -- the first posting is incomplete)

I'm running a new install Fedora Core 5 and rebuilding my development
system.  I'm running Apache/2.2.2 (part of the FC5 distro) and
Tomcat-4.1.32.  I downloaded the version 1.2.18 tomcat connector kit and
followed the instructions in BUILD.txt to compile and install the
mod_jk.so connector.  I installed one of my development apps and added
the context configuration to the server.xml file, and when I try to get
to it through apache, the cursor just spins and I get no log entries of
any kind, neither in the apache logs nor the tomcat logs.  I can,
however, point my browser to port 8009 and bring up the newly installed
app.    All the gory details are below.  Any idea what might be wrong?

In the server.xml file, the only change I have made from the
distribution is to add this context:

<Context crossContext="true" debug="0"
        docBase="AccountManager"
                    path="/accntManager" reloadable="true">
                    prefix="localhost_accntmanager_log." suffix=".txt"
                    timestamp="true"/>
        <Parameter name="UniAccnt"
                value="/datatel/development/coldev17" override="false"/>
        <Parameter name="AdminAddresses"
                value="rtanner@linfield.edu" override="false"/>
</Context>

I also created this workers.properties file in the tomcat conf directory:

workers.tomcat_home=/var/apache-tomcat-4.1.32
workers.java_home=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_12
ps=/
worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

And finally, the following configuration detail was added to apache's
httpd.conf file. Tomcat and apache were than both restarted.

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile /var/apache-tomcat-4.1.32/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel info
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /accntManager/* ajp13

Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob Tanner
Linfield College

Re: [REPOST] Can't get apache and Tomcat to talk

Posted by brian bay <br...@gmail.com>.
sorry I failed to mention that I was running tomcat5.5.17...  minor details.

Posted by Rob Tanner <rt...@linfield.edu>.
Mark,

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Tanner <rt...@linfield.edu>.