Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by mvneethu <ne...@tigeranalytics.com> on 2018/08/24 06:58:37 UTC

What is the meaning of "executablePO is null"

Hi,

I have been getting null pointer exception and the error says executablePO
is null
2018-08-24 06:42:27,653 ERROR [http-bio-7070-exec-15]
controller.JobController:146 :
java.lang.NullPointerException...

Can anyone please explain whats happening? Does that mean kylin does not
find any task to execute and hence throw this error? If so, how can I handle
this.
If I resume the job build, it then starts running properly. Please help.

--
Sent from: http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/

Re: What is the meaning of "executablePO is null"

Posted by mvneethu <ne...@tigeranalytics.com>.
Thanks for your response.
We are using kylin 2.3.2 version. Is it has to do with the zookeeper because
one of our zookeeper node is dead.

Thanks,
Neethu

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Neethu,

What's your Kylin version? I have a long time no see such error. When a
step is finished, the Kylin job node will upload the job output to
metastore (in hbase). If the output wasn't fetched or it is null, such
error may be reported. Newer version has added the check for that I
remember.

> I have been getting null pointer exception and the error says executablePO
> is null
> 2018-08-24 06:42:27,653 ERROR [http-bio-7070-exec-15]
> controller.JobController:146 :
> java.lang.NullPointerException...
>
> Can anyone please explain whats happening? Does that mean kylin does not
> find any task to execute and hence throw this error? If so, how can I
> handle
> this.
> If I resume the job build, it then starts running properly. Please help.
>
> --
> Sent from: http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/

--
Best regards,