Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by LLTYK <LL...@mailinator.com> on 2010/08/06 22:05:50 UTC

Classloader problem, "loader constraint violation"

Any ideas? A search says "don't put the wrong things in the base package",
but UploadFileWrapper isn't in any tapestry packages.

2010-08-06 15:56:57,343 [qtp1741911230-24] ERROR
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.RequestExceptionHandler  -
Processing of request failed with uncaught exception: loader constraint
violation: when resolving method
"com.x.y.UploadFileWrapper.setUploadFile(Lorg/apache/tapestry5/upload/components/Upload;)V"
the class loader (instance of
org/apache/tapestry5/internal/services/ComponentInstantiatorSourceImpl$PackageAwareLoader)
of the current class, $PropertyConduit_12a48f3ea42, and the class loader
(instance of org/eclipse/jetty/webapp/WebAppClassLoader) for resolved class,
com/x/y/UploadFileWrapper, have different Class objects for the type
org/apache/tapestry5/upload/components/Upload used in the signature

Here's the similar thread:
http://tapestry-users.832.n2.nabble.com/Simplified-paths-for-dynamic-asset-context-td4087004.html#a4089097

Re: Classloader problem, "loader constraint violation"

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Then, i guess you can create a component with a Textfield AND an Upload
component.

But i don't think creating a component here is really worthy... You can
simply add a form component in your page, having the two components.

2010/8/9 LLTYK <LL...@mailinator.com>

> Not a literal label, each fileupload also takes in a textfield string, so
> each file gets a name.

Christophe Cordenier.

Committer on Apache Tapestry 5
Co-creator of wooki @wookicentral.com

Re: Classloader problem, "loader constraint violation"

Posted by LLTYK <LL...@mailinator.com>.

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
If you mean that you want to wrap the Upload component with a label, i
suggest you create a new Component in your components package, then agregate
a label and a upload component in this one.

To publish the label component parameters, you can use the publishParameters
attribute of @Parameter, this way developers will have access to the inner
label component parameters from your outer custom component.

HTH

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi !

A few questions

Why do wrapped Upload component instance ? What is the complete package of
UploadFileWrapper ?