Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "anton.litvinenko" <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/17 11:37:39 UTC

HTTP(S) Transport, ClientID and HTTP Headers stripping proxy

I need to install a JMS client in the customer network which has
proxy/firewall with NTLM authentication. I was able to customize
HttpClientTransport to successfully pass the proxy and authentication (using
httpclient-4.0). But, the trouble is that proxy removes any "suspicious"
header from the request and HttpClientTransport along with HttpTunnelServlet
use headers to pass ClientID value.

My question is why ClientID is passed as a header and will I break something
if I'd change that to be a part of the HTTP request?

Or perhaps someone can suggest a better solution? E.g. passing proxy and
NTLM authentication using TCP (SSL) transport?

Thanks!