Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dharhsana <re...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/09 08:23:40 UTC

Very Urjent

Iam new to solr,
My requirement is that,i need to have Autocompletion text box in my blog
application,i need to know how to implement it with solr 1.4.

I have gone through TermsComponent,but TermsComponent is not available in
solr 1.4 which i have downloaded.

Can any one please help out ,how to do autosuggest using solr 1.4,and
provide me the code along with schema.xml and solrConfig.xml.So that it will
be useful for me to know how to configure it.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Rekha.

Re: Very Urjent

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 2:15 PM, dharhsana <re...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Shalin Shekhar Mangar,
>
> I got some come from this site
>
> http://www.mattweber.org/2009/05/02/solr-autosuggest-with-termscomponent-and-jquery/
>
> When i use that code in my project ,then only i came to know that there is
> no Termscomponent jar or plugin ..

TermsComponent exists in Solr 1.4. I am guessing that you are using 1.3

If you go to Solr's info page (through the admin dashboard), it will tell
you the version you are using.

> There is any other way for doing autocompletion search with out terms
> component.
>
> If so please tell me how to implement it.

I already gave you a link which describes an alternative way. Have a look.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Very Urjent

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
Another, slower way is to create a spell checking dictionary and do spelling
requests on the first few characters the user types.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpellCheckerRequestHandler?highlight=%28spell%29%7C%28checker%29

Another way is to search against facet values with the facet.prefix feature:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters?highlight=%28facet%29%7C%28%2A%29#head-021d583a1430f6485c6e929930fceec3e15e1e8a

All of these have the same problem: programmers are all perfect spellers,
while normal people are not. None of these techniques assist normal people
to find homonyms.

On 9/9/09, dharhsana <re...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Shalin Shekhar Mangar,
>
> I got some come from this site
>
> http://www.mattweber.org/2009/05/02/solr-autosuggest-with-termscomponent-and-jquery/
>
> When i use that code in my project ,then only i came to know that there is
> no Termscomponent jar or plugin ..
>
> There is any other way for doing autocompletion search with out terms
> component.
>
> If so please tell me how to implement it.
>
> waiting for your reply
>
> Regards,
>
> Rekha.

Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Very Urjent

Re: Very Urjent

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:53 AM, dharhsana <re...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Iam new to solr,
> My requirement is that,i need to have Autocompletion text box in my blog
> application,i need to know how to implement it with solr 1.4.
>
> I have gone through TermsComponent,but TermsComponent is not available in
> solr 1.4 which i have downloaded.

TermsComponent is definitely available in Solr 1.4, check again.

> Can any one please help out ,how to do autosuggest using solr 1.4,and
> provide me the code along with schema.xml and solrConfig.xml.So that it
> will
> be useful for me to know how to configure it.

See an alternative approach at
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/09/08/auto-suggest-from-popular-queries-using-edgengrams/

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.