Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by fatefree <fa...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/08 20:09:17 UTC

Re: Lightweight generic busy indicator

Hello, I put this code into my application and its very non-intrusive and
easy to use. I found a slight problem with it though that I am able to
replicate but not able to fix.

It happens when a page using a form is loaded through the browsers url
directly, instead of through a link in the application. So for instance if a
user bookmarks a form, or opens a browser and types in the form url, when
the form is submitted the indicator displays as it should, but it does not
ever hide when the request is finished.

In my instance I am submitting the form through ajax with validation errors,
and the validation messages come back as they should but the indicator
doesn't hide. I've tried putting the js outside of the html head tag, but it
didn't seem to help. Interestingly enough, if I type the url and go to the
form, and click refresh once, it works fine again. Almost like for some
reason it can't be used on the page that creates the users session. Any
ideas about this?

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
I must say that in my experience, 'worksforme'. Whenever I have had
problems with the indicator it has been because the javascript has
crashed. You can debug the javascript by putting alert('Hello'); in
some places you want to debug. This will quickly show you which parts
of the javascript really get executed and which parts do not.

**
Martin