Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Alexander Faust <af...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/10 07:35:31 UTC

Netbeans 13.0 - Max "Source Level 14"

Hello,

I'm using the Netbeans Platform Application 13.0, but the module properties
show only source level 14. When is it planned to support 17?

Best Regards
Alex

Re: Netbeans 13.0 - Max "Source Level 14"

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 at 08:49, Geertjan Wielenga
<ge...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> It's a hint that you need to move away from Ant. :-) Use Maven-based
> NetBeans modules instead.

Well, I certainly have no intention of moving away from Ant for this
any time soon!

This needs a fix and/or GitHub issue raising.  Looks like the relevant
change might be at
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/apisupport/apisupport.ant/src/org/netbeans/modules/apisupport/project/ui/customizer/SingleModuleProperties.java#L121
?

Given more frequent Java updates, this should probably not be hard coded at all.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Netbeans 13.0 - Max "Source Level 14"

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
It's a hint that you need to move away from Ant. :-) Use Maven-based
NetBeans modules instead.

Gj

Fwd: Netbeans 13.0 - Max "Source Level 14"

Posted by Humphrey Clerx <hc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.