Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2006/04/09 02:13:12 UTC

Re: svn commit: r19282 - in branches/svnserve-ssl/subversion: include libsvn_ra_svn libsvn_subr svnserve

On 4/8/06, mbk@tigris.org <mb...@tigris.org> wrote:

>  /**
> + *
> + * Initialize the OpenSSL library.
> + *
> + * @since New in 1.4.
> + */
> +svn_error_t *svn_ra_svn__ssl_initialize(apr_pool_t *pool);

Is there a less public place we can declare this?  I mean since it's a
private interface there seems to be little reason to put it in a
public header file.

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r19282 - in branches/svnserve-ssl/subversion: include libsvn_ra_svn libsvn_subr svnserve

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 4/14/06, Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Garrett Rooney wrote:
>
> > On 4/14/06, mark benedetto king <mb...@lowlatency.com> wrote:
> >
> > > How should we handle the other "only for svnserve" functions in
> > > svn_ra_svn.h?
> >
> > Well, the ship has kind of sailed there, not like we can get rid of
> > them now.  Personally though, I'd prefer to just not expose code we
> > don't intend for clients of the libraries to use.
>
> The ship pulls back into port with version 2.0.
>
> We should really start a 2.0 cleanup list.

+1

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r19282 - in branches/svnserve-ssl/subversion: include libsvn_ra_svn libsvn_subr svnserve

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.

--

Daniel Rall

Re: svn commit: r19282 - in branches/svnserve-ssl/subversion: include libsvn_ra_svn libsvn_subr svnserve

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Posted by mark benedetto king <mb...@lowlatency.com>.
On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 10:33:07PM -0700, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 4/8/06, mark benedetto king <mb...@lowlatency.com> wrote:

> > > Is there a less public place we can declare this?  I mean since it's a
> > > private interface there seems to be little reason to put it in a
> > > public header file.
> > >

> > None are jumping out at me.
>
> A private header inside libsvn_ra_svn?  We can include that from
> within svnserve, as well as inside libsvn_ra_svn itself, just like we
> do for the internal libsvn_fs headers...

I didn't realize that precedent had been set.

How should we handle the other "only for svnserve" functions in
svn_ra_svn.h?

--ben

Re: svn commit: r19282 - in branches/svnserve-ssl/subversion: include libsvn_ra_svn libsvn_subr svnserve

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Posted by mark benedetto king <mb...@lowlatency.com>.
On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 07:13:12PM -0700, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 4/8/06, mbk@tigris.org <mb...@tigris.org> wrote:
>
> >  /**
> > + *
> > + * Initialize the OpenSSL library.
> > + *
> > + * @since New in 1.4.
> > + */
> > +svn_error_t *svn_ra_svn__ssl_initialize(apr_pool_t *pool);
>
> Is there a less public place we can declare this?  I mean since it's a
> private interface there seems to be little reason to put it in a
> public header file.

None are jumping out at me.

--ben