Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2006/05/05 10:22:07 UTC

dataScroller on TOP of dataTable

Hi!

Currently it is not possible to put the datascroller on TOP of a table.
e.g.
<t:dataScroller>
</t:dataScroller>
<h:dataTable>

The reason is, that the dataScroller will always see the previous
dataModel due to the caching of the model in UIData.
This cache will be cleared in UIData's encodeBegin, but I guess the
better place will be at the end of processDecodes()

That way, when it comes to rendering, the dataScroller will get a fresh
new copy from the bean instead of the cached one.

What do you think?

Ciao,
Mario

Re: dataScroller on TOP of dataTable

Posted by Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mario,

that's a very old issue, which can be solved with t:buffer
http://www.irian.at/myfaces/buffer.jsf

--
http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -