Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by pavithra atrangada <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/07 10:21:38 UTC

PDF7 Problem

Hello

I am using FOP 2.0 and until recently it was working correctly with Adobe 6
for saving the PDF with the filename equals to XML file name

We migrated to PDF 7 now the filename defaults to Servlet name.

Could anybody help me out.

Thanks
Pavithra

Re: PDF7 Problem

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
pavithra atrangada wrote:
> All I wanted is to set the default filename while saving , could anyone
> please help me out.

There isn't much FOP can do about this. Hints about file names are
in the HTTP response, and it's the responsibility of the servlet to
get this right. The PDF content isn't involved (in a way which is
compatible with PDF 1.4 format, which FOP generates).
The common way to tell Acrobat to use a certain file name is to send
the PDF as MIME attachment using the headers
Apparently your problem may be due to an IEx bug, there appears to be
a MS KB entry about this.

J.Pietschmann

Re: PDF7 Problem

Posted by pavithra atrangada <pa...@gmail.com>.
Appologies for misleading regarding the version.

Yes I use 0.20.5. No one ever faced this problem or when FOP release people
dont test this against different browser versions.

Re: PDF7 Problem

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
First, there's no FOP 2.0. You probably meant 0.20.5. Second, I don't
know what we can do for you if Adobe changes something in their software.
You'd better ask their support. Maybe you find something about this in
their changelog if they have one.

On 07.09.2006 10:21:38 pavithra atrangada wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am using FOP 2.0 and until recently it was working correctly with Adobe 6
> for saving the PDF with the filename equals to XML file name
>
> We migrated to PDF 7 now the filename defaults to Servlet name.
>
> Could anybody help me out.
>
> Thanks
> Pavithra

Jeremias Maerki